So, I don’t usually post same day because I’m usually in some awesome food coma after we eat these meals that I make. But, tonight I’m going to post something short and sweet.
I love to reinvent things that I make. It’s fun and it keeps the creativity going, and obviously, it keeps the food interesting!
So, I recently picked two banana peppers from my garden and picked another one today. I was trying to think of a yummy healthy way to use them up. I’ve seen people stuff them but usually it’s with heavy ingredients and I wanted something light and healthy! So….I decided to dice them up and throw them in the corn salad I made yesterday and use that for fish tacos. Yummmm!
Here’s what I did:
- Dice up banana peppers and add to a small bowl of corn salad
- Add a hint of lime juice and a dash of cayenne pepper for heat (my peppers were deliciously sweet!)
- Made homemade tortillas with cilantro from masa (I swear I’ll post how to do this soon)
- Lightly fried up some wild cod dredged in beer, panko, egg, and masa flour mixed with cumin and ancho chile powder, dash of salt
- Mixed some fresh chopped cilantro from my garden with reduced fat sour cream and some lemon zest and lime juice
- Cut up an avocado
Then, all I had to do was layer the taco and eat it! It was so full of yummy goodness that it was definitely a knife and fork taco! We added a little crumbled feta as well. Voila! My husband is a happy man!!!